Weir Camp gears up for busy summer
Volunteer groups are helping prepare for a busy summer camping season at Weir Baptist Camp, 12 miles southwest of Pittsburg, Kan.
Volunteer Christian Builders, based in Texas, came for a two-week work project in April. The group’s major tasks were to construct new shade pavilions at the camp’s boating and fishing lakes.
Kansas-Nebraska Campers on Mission were scheduled to come for a week-long project in May.
The 2015 summer camp dates are:
- June 1-5: Senior High Camp—“Standing Strong when Everything Falls”
- June 8-12: Junior High Camp—“Who Are You Reflecting?”
- June 15-19: Children’s Camp (for children who have completed grades 3-5)—“God’s Treasures Hidden in Plain Sight”
- June 22-23: Kingdom Kids Camp (for children who have completed grades 1-2)—“One Big Hero”
- June 24: Day Camp (for children age 4 through completing kindergarten)—“I’m Possible”
- July 9-12—CFO (Camp Farthest Out) CFO is a non-denominational Christian organization that holds retreats throughout the United States and Canada. It began in 1929 on the island in the Atlantic Ocean farthest out from Maine. Learn more about CFO
- July 13-17—KOAM Regular Baptist camp
August 2015 events include a family reunion, a Hispanic camp and the Chautauqua Baptist Church children’s camp.
Kansas-Nebraska Campers on Mission will hold their fall rally Sept. 25-27 along with a work project at the camp.